Marshall Fire Resources

Please note: March 2 is the last day for Marshall fire impacted individuals to apply for FEMA and/or SBA loans. Visit under the "Financial Assistance" tab to learn more about the federal assistance programs and how to apply.

On-Site FEMA and Small Business Assistance

Boulder County Southeast Hub, 1755 South Public Road, Lafayette, Co

Reminder: Boulder County's Disaster Assistance Center, formerly at the above location, closed in-person visits on January 22, 2022. If you wish to contact Boulder County assistance, visit or call the Boulder County Hotline at 303-413-7730. Follow @BoulderOEM and visit the Boulder Office of Emergency Management website for up to date information on evacuations and County resources. 

Evacuation Sites:

  • Lafayette YMCA, 2800 Dagny Way, Lafayette (accepting pets)

  • Rocky Mountain Christian Church, 9447 Niwot Rd. (95th and Niwot Road) (not accepting pets)

  • Please take large animals in need of shelter to Jefferson County Fairgrounds, 15200 W 6th Ave. Frontage Rd., Golden, CO, or The Ranch Events Complex, 5280 Arena Circle, Suite 100, Loveland, CO.

Congressman Neguse’s Office Contact Information 

My staff is here to help! They can assist with any federal agency or help point you in the right direction for resources. Please feel free to reach out:

Boulder Office: 303-335-1045
Fort Collins Office: 970-372-3971
DC Office: 202-225-2161

FEMA Disaster Assistance

Residents and business owners who sustained losses in the designated counties can begin applying for assistance January 2 by registering online at or by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or 1-800-462-7585 (TTY) for the hearing and speech impaired. The toll-free telephone numbers will operate from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. (local time) seven days a week until further notice.

Small Business Assistance

Businesses of all sizes and private nonprofit organizations may borrow up to $2 million to repair or replace damaged or destroyed real estate, machinery and equipment, inventory and other business assets. SBA can also lend additional funds to businesses and homeowners to help with the cost of improvements to protect, prevent or minimize the same type of disaster damage from occurring in the future.

For small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives, small businesses engaged in aquaculture and most private nonprofit organizations of any size, SBA offers Economic Injury Disaster Loans to help meet working capital needs caused by the disaster. Economic injury assistance is available to businesses regardless of any property damage.

Disaster loans up to $200,000 are available to homeowners to repair or replace damaged or destroyed real estate. Homeowners and renters are eligible for up to $40,000 to repair or replace damaged or destroyed personal property. 

Interest rates can be as low as 2.83 percent for businesses, 1.875 percent for private nonprofit organizations and 1.438 percent for homeowners and renters with terms up to 30 years. Loan amounts and terms are set by SBA and are based on each applicant’s financial condition.

To be considered for all forms of disaster assistance, survivors must first contact the Federal Emergency Management Agency at As soon as Federal-State Disaster Recovery Centers open throughout the affected area, SBA will provide one-on-one assistance to disaster loan applicants. Additional information and details on the location of disaster recovery centers is available by calling the SBA Customer Service Center at (800) 659-2955.

Boulder Small Business Development Center Can help businesses access resources and help them navigate how to receive funding from multiple sources. If you are looking to get funding for your business, visit or stop by the DAC to stop by and talk to someone face to face.

Disaster Unemployment Assistance

President Biden's Disaster Declaration for Boulder County authorizes CDLE to begin processing Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) claims for affected individuals.

DUA is very similar to Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, in that it is meant to provide benefits to individuals who are not eligible for standard unemployment benefits, like gig workers or independent contractors, or those that have exhausted their standard UI benefits. With that in mind, all claimants' first step will be to file a standard UI claim to determine eligibility. If determined ineligible for any reason, the system will present the option to file for DUA on their profile.

DUA provides unemployment benefits for up to 26 weeks.  The first possible week of compensation for DUA purposes is the week ending January 8, 2022, and the final week of compensation is the week ending July 2, 2022. Claims must be filed between January 3, 2022, through February 2, 2022.

More information will be found at the Boulder County Personal Finance Program (720-564-2279 or visit

Insurance Information and Tips 

During Colorado’s historic wildfires in 2020, the Colorado Division of Insurance (DOI) and the Rocky Mountain Insurance Association (RMIA) shared insurance advice on evacuations, filing claims, and financial preparedness. On top of the practical tips below, here are three key reminders for Coloradans, whether you have been evacuated, are under a pre-evacuation alert, or have already suffered some kind of loss due to a wildfire.

  • Know your policy - If you don't have a copy of your policy, contact your agent or company and request it.

  • Keep your receipts - If you are evacuated or displaced for a period of time, be sure to keep copies of all restaurant, hotel, and other living expenses incurred because you cannot go home. 

  • Contact the DOI with concerns and questions – While claims need to be filed with the insurance companies, the DOI can assist consumers with questions about insurance and the claims process. Call DOI at 303-894-7490 or 800-930-3745 (outside of the Denver metro area) or email them at

Returning Home After the Fire

  • Don’t delay - Once the danger has passed, if your property has been damaged due to fire and/or smoke, don't wait -- start the claim process by calling your insurance company or agent. Contact the DOI if you need the contact information for your company or agent.

  • Document/mitigate the damage - If the damage to your home is extensive, start taking photos of the property and documenting what was lost. Protect from further damage by placing tarps on roofs or boarding up windows, but don’t begin repairs without contacting your insurance company.

  • Claims Settlement in the Time of COVID-19 - Insurance companies have implemented safety procedures that address COVID-19 concerns to provide virtual property and inspection opportunities whenever possible in the claim settlement process. If an on-site inspection is required, adjusters are trained in proper safety precautions. 

  • Verify public adjusters - In the aftermath of a disaster like a wildfire, public adjusters may contact you if you have suffered damage to your home. You are not required to hire a public adjuster, but if you do, make sure he or she is licensed and reputable – check references. If possible, hire a Colorado-based adjuster. The DOI licenses public adjusters and consumers can call the Division to verify a license. Public adjusters work on behalf of a consumer and often charge a percentage of the claim amount. The fee is agreed upon in the contract between the public adjuster and the consumer. This cost is not included in the claim amount paid by the insurer.

If you have any questions about insurance - your policy, how things work, how to file a claim or just how to get ahold of your company or agent - contact the Division of Insurance Consumer Services team. 303-894-7490 / 800-930-3745 /

Avoiding Post-Disaster Scams and Fraud

As disaster victims find themselves in vulnerable financial situations, they can be targets of scammers pretending to be government employees, creditors, mortgage servicers, insurance adjusters, and contractors. Keep the following in mind:

  • FEMA scams - In some cases, thieves try to apply for FEMA assistance using names, addresses and Social Security numbers they have stolen from survivors. If a FEMA housing inspector contacts you or comes to your property and you did not submit a FEMA application, your information may have been used without your knowledge to create a FEMA application. If this is the case, please inform the inspector that you did not apply for FEMA assistance so they can submit a request to stop further processing of the application. If you did not apply for assistance, but receive a letter from FEMA, please call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 or email

  • Inviduals posing as government official - Beware of anyone claiming to be from FEMA or the state who asks for a Social Security number, bank account number, or other sensitive information. Remember that HUD, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and the Small Business Administration do not charge fees to apply for assistance or to receive property damage inspections.
  • Hire reputable contractors - If someone is trying to sell you something or asking for a donation, you can say no and then do the necessary research. Make sure that any contractor you hire is qualified and has all applicable licenses or certifications required by their field by visiting National Association of State Contractors website or contacting DOI at 303-894-7490 / 800-930-3745 /
  • Verify charities - Work with charities and services you know and trust - Do research before donating to new organizations or using new services. Stick with names and reputations vetted at Charity NavigatorCharity Watch, and
  • For general fraud claims, call the U.S. Department of Justice's National Center for Disaster Fraud at 866-720-5721.

Other best practices to avoid fraud:

  • Do not be pressured into taking immediate action - If someone is telling you that you need to act now, they are likely trying to prevent you from verifying whether the business is legitimate. Never pay in full in advance, and do not pay with cash. 
  • Obtain offers in writing - Ask for written estimates and contracts before you do business. Read the fine print. Make sure your contract does not include any clauses that allow for substantial cancellation fees if you choose not to use the contractor after your insurance company has approved the claim, or that require you to pay the full price if you cancel after the cancellation period has expired.
  • Pay with a credit card whenever possible - This gives you the ability to reverse fraudulent charges, adding an extra layer of protection.
  • Initiate communication - Never make payments or give out personal information to someone on a phone call you did not initiate.

For other best practices, visit this U.S. Housing and Urban Development fact sheet

Internal Revenue Service (IRS)

The IRS has postponed filing deadlines for those impacted in the Marshall Fire until May 16, 2022. For businesses and individuals that may be eligible for assistance, visit

The tax relief postpones various tax filing and payment deadlines that occurred starting on December 30. As a result, affected individuals and businesses will have until May 16 to file returns and pay any taxes that were originally due during this period. This includes 2021 individual income tax returns due on April 18, as well as various 2021 business returns normally due on March 15 and April 18. Among other things, this means that affected taxpayers will have until May 16 to make 2021 IRA contributions.

For more information from the IRS regarding assistance during a disaster, please visit IRS Disaster Assistance and Emergency Relief for Individuals and Businesses.

Replacing Documents

If you have had any of the following documents destroyed due to wildfires in your area, please contact our office directly:

  • Social Security card

  • Passport

  • Naturalization card

  • Tax returns 

  • Military records

My office is here to help. If you need assistance working with a federal agency, getting replacements for federal documents, or if you simply need information about what resources are available to you, please reach out to us. 

Additional Community Resources

Food Assistance

Sister Carmen Community Center, 655 Aspen Ridge Dr, Lafayette

  • Food Bank Hours: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri - 1-5 pm, Wed 2-7 pm. (303)-665-4342
  • Thrift Store - 701 Baseline Road - clothing and bedding free of charge for those impacted: 7 days a week, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Community Food Share, 650 S Taylor Ave, Louisville

  • Food bank open Wed-Fri  9 am - 3 pm). Call (303)-652-3663 or visit

Harvest of Hope, 4830 Pearl Street, Boulder, CO 80301 (720)-382-1971

  • Food for those with kitchens: Mon-Fri, 9-11 a.m. and Thurs 4:30-6:30 p.m.
  • Food for those without kitchens: Mon-Fri, noon-2 p.m.

Broomfield Fish, 6 Garden Center, Broomfield (303) 465-1600

  • Food open: Mon, Tues, Fri, 12:30-4:30 p.m. and Wed from 2-6 p.m.

Nederland Food Pantry, 750 Highway 72, Nederland (720) 418-0892

  • Open: Sat, 10 a.m. - noon

SNAP - Apply online at Replace your EBT card by calling 1-888-328-2656. Check your EBT card balance at

WIC - apply online at

Housing Assistance

Boulder County Housing Helpline - helping renters and landlord navigate this process and find financial assistance. Call 303-441-1206 and leave a detailed message or email . A housing specialist will return your call as soon as possible. 

  • Boulder Area Rental Housing Association - This webpage is only meant to be a way to show available properties to residents who were impacted by the fires and need housing and is for informational purposes only. Property owners will be solely responsible for qualifying, interviewing and communicating with prospective tenants. 
  • Students Facing Houding Crisis - Boulder Valley School District page

Clothing Assistance, 7051 W. 118th Ave., Broomfield, CO 80020

Mother House, Boulder, CO 303.447.9602

Mountain Kids, 474 Taylor Ave Ste A, Louisville, CO 80027

Boulder Bodywear (shoes) 2850 Arapahoe Rd, Suite 104, Lafayette, CO 80026 303-447-9100

Treasures Upscale Consignment, 2770 Arapahoe Road #110 & 118, Lafayette, CO

Neptune Mountaineering, 633 S. Broadway, Boulder 303-499- 8866

Transportation Assistance

Marshal Fire Transportation and Transit Resources - 

  • RTD passes available at the Disaster Assistance Center
  • If you need help securing transportation to get there, call Via Mobility at 303-447-9636
  • Lyft is providing transportation assistance to Colorado residents impacted by the recent Marshall wildfires. The discounted ride code (COFIRERELIEF22) provides access to Lyft rides to help those in affected areas move to designated shelters. The rides will be available through January 18. More details on the process and availability are provided in this blog post

Animal Rescue

Animal Rescue Request Form

  • Humane Society of Boulder Valley, 2323 55th St, Boulder
  • Longmont Humane Society 303-772-1232
  • The Dog Spot & The Cat Pad, 3640 Walnut St, Boulder, 720-782-6669
  • Church Ranch Veterinary, 8308 Church Ranch Blvd, Westminster, 303-732-5754
  • The Divine Canine, 2103 Colo 42, Louisville 303-997-3990

Mental health resources

For those impacted by the fires or wishing to volunteer, visit BVSD's resource page for a full list of housing, food, clothing, or general financial assistance.

Recursos disponibles para las personas afectadas por el incendio Marshall

Recursos alimenticios:

Ciudades de Lafayette, Louisville, Superior, Erie

Sister Carmen: 655 Aspen Ridge Dr, Lafayette | 303.665.4342 |

Banco de alimentos abierto: Lun, mar, jue, vie: 1-5 p.m., mié: 2-7 p.m.

Horario de la tienda de caridad (ropa y sábanas gratis para personas impactadas): 7 días a la semana, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Community Food Share: 650 S. Taylor Rd, Louisville | 303.652.3663 |

Mié-vie, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. 

(Se añadieron horas especiales el 1/3/22 y 1/4/22, 1:00-3:00 p.m.)

Ciudad de Boulder

EFAA: 1575 Yarmouth Ave, Boulder | 303.442.3042 |

Abierto: Lun-vie, 1-4:30 p.m. (abierto hasta las 6 los jueves). El último sábado del mes, de 9:30-12:30 p.m.

Harvest of Hope: 2960 Valmont Rd, Boulder | 720.382.1971 |

  • Para las personas con cocina: Lun-vie, 9-11 a.m. y jue, 4:30-6:30 p.m.

  • Para las personas sin cocina: Lun-vie, 12-2 p.m.

Ciudad de Broomfield

Broomfield FISH: 6 Garden Center, Broomfield | 303.465.1600 |

Abierto: Lun, mar, vie 12:30-4:30 p.m. y mié 2-6 p.m.

Nederland y las comunidades en las montañas

Nederland Food Pantry: 750 Highway 72, Nederland | 720.418.0892 |

Abierto: Sáb, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.

Recursos adicionales:

• Comida

• Artículos infantiles: pañales, toallitas húmedas, leche de fórmula

• Fondos para hoteles y Airbnb

• Tarjetas de regalo para comida y ropa

• Acceso a nuestra tienda de caridad para obtener ropa y sábanas (sin costo)

• Otros recursos a medida que se ofrezcan

Dirección: 655 Aspen Ridge Drive, Lafayette, 80026

Número de teléfono: 303-665-4342 

Se ofrecen algunos servicios de transporte para personas que lo necesiten para llegar al Centro de Asistencia Después de Desastres del Condado de Boulder. Llame a Via Mobility al 303-447-9636 para más información. 

Qué: Centro de Asistencia Después de Desastres del Condado de Boulder, para personas que perdieron sus hogares o fueron desplazadas por el incendio Marshall. 

Cuándo: 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., siete días a la semana 

Dónde: Boulder County Southeast Hub, 1755 South Public Road, Lafayette, CO  

Ayuda disponible: Para personas que perdieron sus hogares o fueron desplazadas por el incendio Marshall, el Centro de Asistencia Después de Desastres del Condado de Boulder ofrecerá los siguientes servicios:  

  • Consultas sobre la propiedad perdida y ayuda para presentar un reclamo para asistencia 

  • Tarjetas de regalo para reemplazar comidas y para costos de transporte 

  • Información sobre alojamiento de corto y largo plazo 

  • Ayuda con registros críticos 

  • Referencia a refugios de emergencia 

  • Asistencia alimentaria (ayuda para registrarse para EBT y otros recursos - no habrá alimentos en el centro)

  • Servicios de salud mental 

  • Pruebas del COVID-19 

  • Cupones para transporte 

  • Referencia para servicios de planificación de finanzas personales