Representative Neguse Recognized as “Most Active Freshman Member” in 116th Congress
Congressman Neguse recognized by national data analytics firm as most active freshman lawmaker based on bills introduced
Washington D.C.— Congressman Joe Neguse is the “Most Active Freshman” of Congress, says a new report by Quorum Analytics reviewing the first year of the 116th Congress. Neguse leads other Freshman Representatives, having introduced 21 bills since taking office in January 2019, the most of any of the 101 newly elected members analyzed by the report (a total of 67 new Democrats and 44 new Republicans.)
“Introducing legislation that will positively impact the people of Colorado’s second district will continue to be a priority for me, and we are excited about each and every bill and amendment that we have introduced this Congress,” said Congressman Neguse.
Since taking office, Congressman Neguse has introduced 21 bills, all which will make tangible impacts in the communities in his district. Among legislation he’s introduced include:
- Legislation to increase affordable housing opportunities — the Affordable HOUSE Act and Save Affordable Housing Act
- Legislation to increase affordability and access to college by lowering the cost of textbooks and making it easier to earn credits when transferring — the Affordable College Textbooks Act and the Reverse Transfer Efficiency Act
- Bipartisan legislation to invest in sustainable agriculture practices — the SOIL Act introduced with Rep. John Curtis and the Sustainable Agriculture Research Act introduced with Rep. Rodney Davis
- Legislation to end surprise billing in air ambulance services — Air Ambulance Affordability Act
- Legislation to ban drilling on Superfund sites — On or Under Act
- And multiple bills to preserve and protect public lands in Colorado, including the Colorado Outdoor Recreation and Economy Act, the bipartisan Platte River Recovery Implementation Extension Act and the Veterans Conservation Corps Act
Additionally, Congressman Neguse leads the freshman class with the most town halls, a record 21 since taking office in January.
Next Article Previous Article